Be Prepared for When the Time Comes for a Roof Replacement
Roof replacements are among the most important investments when it comes to property maintenance. Ignoring the need for a new roof can lead to significant increases in project costs, when the associated small problems have had time to develop into larger problems. As a company, we provide free evaluations to property owners, by setting up their own individual roofing profiles.
Our free evaluation will provide you with the replacement costs based on your preferences, also giving you an indication of the roof’s remaining service life. Our lean measuring and estimating procedures help create highly competitive project estimates, which can give you an idea of project costs possibly months or years prior to the replacement needing to be made. We’ve found this helps many homeowners and property owners save accordingly based on their varying situations.
Our Roof Replacement Process
- We receive your call to get an estimate or perform a roof inspection.
- We schedule a day and time and works well for you. If we just need to measure and/or inspect the roof we can just get the information we need from the exterior. You can choose to meet us, but you don’t have to be there in person if timing is an issue.
- We will send you a detailed estimate with line items explaining the quote.
- In many cases we use Eagleview technology to get our measurements as accurate as possible. Eagle view is a satellite based technology that allows us to get dimensions for nearly any roof. Accurate dimensions means better pricing.
- We will answer any questions you may have regarding the estimate.
- If you would like to proceed, we will send you a contract spelling every detail out, including colors, product type, scope of work (what is included and not included), and more.
- We will sign the contract, and once you are happy with everything you can sign the contract.
- We will not ask for any money upfront. You will not pay anything until the project is complete.
- We then schedule a time for the roof replacement that fits your schedule. Again you don’t necessarily need to be home when the roof replacement takes place.
- With our sizable crew we can typically perform the average replacement in a day.
- We will arrive, set up tarps around the entire perimeter for the property.
- We will carefully move any yard ornaments or other items that could be damaged during the roof replacement process.
- We will get our dump trailer in place and begin tearing off shingles.
- Once all shingles are off, we will take a leaf blower and blow off the entire roof decking surface and also all the gutters.
- We will walk the roof and look for any bad plywood (or other roof decking material) with rot or other damage indicating that it needs to be changed. We will remove the bad wood and replace.
- All old shingles will be tossed in the dump trailer and taken to the dump.
- Now ice and water shield will be installed around penetrations, in valleys, at end walls, around chimneys, and in any other locations susceptible to water penetration.
- Next we will install a high quality felt over the entire roof surface.
- We wil then start the new roof installation, which includes all new shingles, vent boots, hip and ridge capping, and depending on your direction any new ventilation fans and/or ridge vent.
- We will install any step flashing in in areas where applicable (end walls, chimneys, etc).
- We will install any counter flashing in areas where applicable (end walls, chimneys, etc), complete with sealant between the metal and the surface the counter flashing is placed against.
- We will finish up the roofing application.
- We will then take a leaf blower to the new roof and make sure all surfaces are clean.
- We will pass one the entire building perimeter with magnets to pick up any loose metals or nails that may have slid off the protective tarps laid out earlier in the day.
- We will do a complete walk around to ensure everything looks great.
- We will put together an invoice and you will get the bill for the entire project.
- We receive payment, and we provide any roofing warranty materials as applicable.
Set Up Your Roofing Profile
Your roofing profile contains detailed measurements, drawings, photos, roofing type, and commentary so that when the time does come for a replacement, we’re already in a position to order your materials and get your replacement scheduled promptly.
Our free evaluation process gives you:
- Replacement timeline based on the existing condition of your roof.
- Highly competitive cost estimates associated with the replacement .
- Easier experience when the time comes to get project underway.
Why the Need for a Roof Replacement?
As roofs experience weathering over their lives, most problems may arise due to:
- Faulty Original Installation Workmanship
- Improper Roof Maintenance:
- Surrounding Trees and Falling Matter
- Recent Storms including Heavy Winds or Hail Damage
- Roof Reaching Maximum Service Life (Based on Material and Exposure Conditions)
- Roof Slope
It’s important to get small roof problems addressed early, rather than holding out on them. If you have a need for a replacement or would like to set up your roofing profile, contact us for a free evaluation.